Close: X

Your Precious Metals "Checking Account"

It is smart to diversify your precious metals into two categories. The first category is your "checking account," which is bullion that hasn't been certified to have any unique numismatic value. This part of your portfolio can be accessed more quickly than your savings account items by selling it for a value linked to the current spot price. The value of this portion of your portfolio will rise and fall with the current market price of the metal, and offers you diversification from your Dollar-based investments.

Your precious metals "checking account" works like an insurance policy. Should the stock market or the Dollar face a crash, the value of your precious metals will increase to help compensate you for your losses in your Dollar-based investments. Because gold and silver have been accepted as having value for thousands of years, this is an "insurance policy" that you can cash out of at any time.

Close: X

Your Precious Metals "Savings Account"

Your precious metals "savings account" consists of investment-grade rare coins that have been certified to have numismatic value above and beyond their metal melt value. Because they have value as rare coins, they are not affected by changes in the spot price of gold and silver to the extent that bullion (your precious metals "checking account") is. This offers you further diversification both from the ups and downs of the traditional markets and from the ups and downs of the precious metals markets.

While investment-grade coins are more stable than bullion, they can take longer to liquidate. As a result, they should be considered part of a long-term buy-and-hold strategy.

Contact us now so that we can advise you on which coins are most likely to increase in numismatic value. Don't be taken advantage of by unscrupulous coin dealers. Go with a dealer you can trust -- one with an A+ BBB rating. Call now 800-257-3253.

GOLD:   1293.23  -2.37 

   SILVER:   17.21  -0.03

   PLATINUM:   935.50  0.76

   PALLADIUM:   979.97  3.58

Free Consultation! 800-257-3253

Precious Metals Educational Articles 
Before You Buy Gold Read This
Bullion vs Rare Coins
Non-Correlated Portfolios
Not All Gold Is Created Equal
Silver as an Investment
Declining Value of Dollar
Historical Charts
Precious Metals Reporting Requirements
Grading of Coins
How Rare is Your Gold Eagle?
How Rare is Your Buffalo?
How Rare is your Silver Eagle?
Gold Commemorative Rarity
Precious Metals Market News
Economic Educational Articles
12 Problems With the U.S. Economy

Government Sets It's Sights on Private Retirement Accounts

The Dollar as the Reserve Currency
The U.S. (and World) Debt Crisis
The Cycle of U.S. Economic Crashes
Newsletter Archives
Gold  
United States Mint
1 oz American Eagles
1/2 oz American Eagles
1/4 oz American Eagles
1/10 oz American Eagles
American Buffalos
$5 American Commemoratives
$10 American Commemoratives

Popular World Mints
Austrian Philharmonics
Canadian Maple Leafs
Chinese Pandas
South African Krugerrand
Gold Bars
50g Valcambi Combibars
1 oz Gold Bars
10 oz Gold Bar
1 kg Gold Bar
50 g Gold bar
10 g Gold bar
5 g Gold Bar
2.5 g Gold Bar
1 g Gold Bar
Silver
United States Mint
1 oz American Eagles
1964 Kennedy Half Dollars
Franklin Half Dollars

Other Silver
1 oz Canadian Maple Leafs
Austrian Philharmonics
1 oz Silver Rounds
90% Silver Coins

Palladium
United States Mint
1 oz American Eagles
New Releases

Hot Picks
2016 Gold Standing Liberty Quarter
2016 Proof Silver Eagles
2016 Centennial Gold
2014-W $5 Gold John F Kennedy PR70 DC PCGS Camelot
2012-W $50 Gold American Eagle MS-70 PCGS First Strike

Special Issues
1993 5-Coin Gold & Silver Philadelphia Set
1995-W 5-Coin Gold & Silver Eagle Set
Gold
United States Mint
2016 American Products
2016 Centennial Gold
American Eagles
American Buffalos
American Liberty High Relief
American Ultra High Relief
American Modern Commemoratives
Silver
United States Mint
Silver American Eagles
Date Runs
Platinum
United States Mint
Platinum American Eagles
Pre-33
Current Pre-1933 Inventory
Weekly Pre-1933 Pick
"Generic" Pre-1933 Gold

The Power of Non Correlated Portfolios

Diversification is a strategy that was designed to manage overall risk. This makes you less dependent on a SINGLE asset class for overall performance. This strategy helps increase the value of your assets over longer periods of time and is the key to any successful portfolio.

Assets are divided into "classes." Each class will have its advantages and disadvantages, but when blended together, the advantages of each outweigh the disadvantages.

Two assets that respond in the same way to economic changes are said to be "Correlated."

Two assets that respond differently to economic changes are said to be "Non-Correlated." Spreading your assets over "Non-Correlated" classes is the key to increasing performance and lowering risk!

Example 1

Steve invests the same $50,000 but only puts 70% of his funds into the same five stocks as Kevin. The other 30% is placed into an asset class that is non-correlated to the stock market. By diversifying his assets and protecting his portfolio from risk, Steve doubles his money.

Kevin invests $50,000 into five of the top stocks of that time: GE, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Citigroup, and AT&T. Even accounting for dividends paid and stock splits, after nine years this portfolio has barely grown.

Steve's Non-Correlated portfolio contains 70% assets from one asset class and 30% assets from another asset class.

Kevin's Correlated Portfolio contains 100% assets from the same asset class.
 

Example 2

Kate is the most diversified among non-correlated assets. Kate's portfolio has $35,000 (70%) invested in the same five stocks as Kevin. She has the remaining $15,000 (30%) invested in two different asset types that are non-correlated to the stock market. Details on the specifics of Kate's portfolio are available in the member's section.

Steve has $35,000 (70%) invested in the same five stocks as Kevin, and invests $15,000 (30%) into a single non-correlated asset type. This portfolio performs much better than Kevin's. Details on the specifics of Steve's portfolio are available in the member's section.

Kevin has $50,000 invested equally into five of the top stocks in the market: GE, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Citigroup, and AT&T. After three and a half years, Kevin's portfolio has lost value. The values of these stocks are taken from Yahoo! Finance and take the value of stock splits and dividends into account.

 
Example 3

Kate is the most diversified among non-correlated assets. Kate has $35,000 (70%) invested in the same five stocks as Kevin. She has the remaining $15,000 (30%) invested in two different asset types that are non-correlated to the stock market. Details on the specifics of Kate's portfolio are available in the member's section.

Steve has $35,000 (70%) invested in the same five stocks as Kevin, and invests $15,000 (30%) into a non-correlated asset type. This portfolio does not do as well during the stock market bubble. However, this portfolio comes out slightly ahead of portfolio 1 after ten years of good economic times and five years of bad economic times are averaged out. Details on the specifics of Steve's portfolio are available on request.

Kevin has $50,000 invested equally into five of the top stocks in the market: GE, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Citigroup, and AT&T. The values of these stocks are taken from Yahoo! Finance and take the value of stock splits and dividends into account.

 

Correlated Assets

If the majority of your portfolio comes from these sources, your portfolio is not adequately protected from the risk types we discussed on the previous page. All the following asset types have their performance affected by the value of the dollar, the interest rates set by the FED, and the health of the overall economy. These assets are correlated:

*Annuities
*Bonds
*CDs
*IRAs (when invested in correlated asset types)
*Peer-to-peer lending
*Real Estate
*Stocks

A Cycle of Crashes

The U.S. economy has regularly been seeing a crash every 6-7 years. It is time for the next crash, but the problem is, the economy hasn't recovered yet from the last crash. The Fed still has interest rates near zero in an attempt to help the economy recover. During the 2008 housing crash, the average American family lost 40% of its wealth. Is your portfolio ready for a crash?

Difficult economic times are coming. What are you doing today to protect your portfolio for tomorrow? Contact RPMEX today to talk to a trader about protecting your wealth.

800-257-3253